Our own Barney Mansavage recently participated in a Learning Spaces Collaboratory Roundtable at the University of Washington, which focused on the future of planning learning spaces.
Learning happens everywhere, and every space is a learning space. Some of the outcomes from the design and development of the Eugene D. Schermer Instructional Building:
- Make spaces that are welcoming, easy to find and use
- Make spaces that are comfortable and desirable to inhabit
- Allow for places to experiment with new modes to provide and consume information and material
- Create environments that foster interaction and collaboration.
- Engage students with places that they can take ownership over
You can read more about this project and others featured in the round table here.